Navigen Inc., is a dynamic, ~20-person pharmaceutical discovery and development company leveraging the unique properties of D-peptides to advance novel therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need.
With our location in Salt Lake City at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains, Navigen employees benefit from a relatively low cost of living, beautiful scenery, and proximity to world-class outdoor activities such as snow sports, hiking, and mountain biking.
We are seeking a full-time Research Associate with a background in organic chemistry to generate critical reagents primarily to support peptide synthesis. The successful candidate must produce high quality work with particular attention to detail, be willing to work flexible hours, and thrive under the pressure of meeting deadlines. This candidate must also be experienced in the below duties that will comprise the role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Chemical synthesis, purification and characterization of organic molecules
- Operate HPLC, flash chromatography, rotovap, and lyophilization systems
- Order experimental components, equipment, and supplies
- Maintain a well-documented laboratory notebook
- Maintain the necessary chemical inventory for required studies
- Meet strict safety standards
Required Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
- Candidate must have a BA or MS degree in organic chemistry or related field (with lab experience) and/or 3+ years of experience as a successful organic chemist-- pay will be commensurate with prior experience
- Able to provide references
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Energetic, highly motivated, and hard working
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team on multiple projects
- Direct experience with NMR, TLC, and mass spectrometry is a plus