Navigen Inc., is a dynamic, ~23-person pharmaceutical discovery and development company leveraging the unique properties of D-peptides. Navigen plans to be the first company to successfully develop therapeutics composed entirely of D-peptides and to establish D-peptides as an important new class of drugs.
With our location in Salt Lake City at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains, Navigen employees benefit from a relatively low cost of living, beautiful scenery, and proximity to world-class outdoor activities such as snow sports, hiking, and mountain biking.
Navigen is seeking a talented structural biologist with in silico modeling experience. The successful candidate must have exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, produce high quality work, be willing to work flexible hours, and thrive under the pressure of meeting deadlines. This candidate must also be experienced in the below duties that will comprise the role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work independently and with Navigen's collaborators to solve x-ray co-crystal structures of D-peptide/target complexes
- Perform in silico modeling for structure-activity relationship optimization
- Assist with the design of biochemical assays for target and hit validation
- Maintain a broad grasp of relevant scientific literature
Required Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- The candidate must have a PhD degree in biochemistry or related field with significant structural biology and in silico modeling experience
- Able to provide references
- Energetic, highly self-motivated, hardworking, and passionate about their work